Adults (18 and up) $4.67 + .33 tax = $5.00
Students (12 to 17) $1.86 + .14 tax = $2.00
Under age 12 Free
- The visiting team is to have access to the field one hour before the game for ½ hour batting practice. The home team will then take infield practice for 10 minutes followed by the visiting team for 10 minutes. All infield practices are to be started on time or your practice will be cut short so the game will start on time.
- A printed copy of ground rules will be presented to umpires at pre-game conference.
- Pitchers will be allowed 12 pitches before the 1st inning and 5 warm-up pitches between innings. Relief pitchers will be allowed 8 warm-up pitches when entering the game from the dugout/bullpen, or 12 pitches when entering game from another position. Umpires are informed to strongly enforce this rule.
- Base runners must wear helmets.
- All players and pitchers must be in the on deck circle (one player only) when he is next at bat.
- Player must warm up in designated bullpens when game is in progress.
- No smoking by players in uniform in dugout, on field, or within site of spectators.
- All players and coaches must have full uniform while on field.
- Batboys and girls must wear helmets.
- Game shall be shortened to 7 innings if one team has an advantage of at least 10 runs or more.
- All games must go 9 innings. If a game is called before 9 innings are completed, the game will be resumed from the point of interruption. A suspended game will resume at the site at which it was being played before a following game can be played.
- All disputes must be settled before game resumes.
- There will be no courtesy runners.
- Umpires are to enforce all rules to help speed up games.
- Re-entry rule as per MBA handbook.
- All rules of the MBA will be followed, including coaches wearing helmets.
- There will be no profanity or throwing of equipment or misconduct allowed. The guilty party will be ejected from the game. Coaches are responsible to keep their players in line.
- All players eligible to play in the game must be on the lineup card when turned in before the game or they will not be eligible to play in that game.
The Diamond D1, Wilson A10-10 or Rawlings baseballs are to be used in all regional tournament games.
The South Central Umpires Association will umpire all games for $170 per game (2 umpires. The South Central Umpires will assign and furnish the umpires for all games.
A single round robin tournament will be used. After the league playoffs are completed on Tuesday, July 31st, the six region teams will be seeded 1-6 according to their regular season league records. Then the following schedule will be used:
Saturday, August 4: #6 at #1; #5 at #2; and #4 at #3.
Sunday, August 5: #1 at #5; #2 at #4; and #3 at #6.
Tuesday, August 7: #4 at #1; #6 at #2; and #5 at #3
Wednesday, August 8: #1 at #2 and #4 at #6
Friday, August 10: #3 at #1 and #5 at #4
Saturday, August 11: #6 at #5 and #2 at #3
In case of any ties, play-offs will continue on Sunday, August 12 with following formats:
*** In case of 2-way ties – one game with winner of head-to-head in first round as home team.
***In case of 3-way ties – a drawing will be held with team drawn given bye – the other 2 teams will play-off at site of winner in round one. The winner will play at the “bye” site.
*** In case of 4-way ties – teams will be drawn to pair them up – winners play and losers play – with home sites same as before.
Drafting will take place after division games on Tues. July 31st (2 players each), and the last draft after state teams have been decided 1-4, with teams drafting in order of finish from 2 losing teams (including drafted players).
Rosters of all participating teams are to be turned into the regional commissioner before their first game of regional is played. All rosters must be filled out in full with all players’ stats. This is mandatory to be eligible to play in regional and state tournaments. Terry Helget will be in touch with teams.
7 ½% of net playoff receipts will be distributed per team to each of the teams going to the state tournament to help defray mileage expenses. The balance will be distributed equally to Region 2C participants on a per game basis after expenses are paid.
The commissioner will get trophies to present to the champion and runner-up at league banquet.
Sleepy Eye ONLINE - One Stop Hometown information Center www.sleepyeyeonline.com
THIS POST COURTESY: Sleepy Eye Chamber of Commerce, Edward Jones, Stark Farmers Insurance, Dairy Queen, Borth Memorials, Spaeth Ford, Sleepy Eye Medical Center, Riverside Interiors, Sleepy Eye Curves, Randy’s Electric, First Security Agency, Seams to Fit & Tuxes 2, Sturm Funeral Home, Goettig and Ruddy Accounting, Miller Sellner, Cenex/River Region, Culligan, Arneson’s Distributing, Sleepy Eye Off-Sale, Sleepy Eye Chiropractic, Pisoma Kitchen, Southpoint Federal Credit Union, Lisa Ann’s Healing Hands, American Family Insurance, NAPA Auto Parts, Sids Signs on Broadway - www.sleepyeyeonline.com