I know, I know, updating my blog has been long overdue. Doreen’s recent post after her long hiatus has put the pressure on me. (http://sleepyeyeonline.com/doreenblog/)
She actually got me thinking about my personality color – I have been a GREEN lover for as long as I can remember. I actually drive my friends and family including my children nuts because I’m soooo “green”. If something is left up to me, there’s a 99% chance it’s gonna be green. Not one but two green vans, green bike, green bathroom, green office, green kitchen, green kayak, green blog…..need I go on? No Green Bay Packers though…nope that would just be WRONG!
So what does my GREEN addiction actually say about me…well, I was astonished to find out this personality color test thing Doreen referred to in her blog was incredibly accurate…who would have thunk…
- With a personality color green you are a practical, down-to-earth person with a love of nature. (practical is what gets me in trouble when it does come to decorating, fortunately I do have “people” in my life to “help” with those kinds of decisions…and I love nothing more than being at my cabin and more particularly in my kayak)
- Having a personality color green means you are kind, generous and compassionate – good to have around during a crisis as you remain calm and take control of the situation until it is resolved. (my kids might disagree with the calm part…they have seen me at my worse… but everyone else sees the calm side of me)
- You are caring and nurturing to others – however you must be careful not to neglect your own needs while giving to others. (guess they are referring to those middle of the night ambulance runs in which I put myself in sleep deprivation mode in order to help someone else)
- You are intelligent and love to learn – you are quick to understand new concepts. (Hear that… intelligent!…and yes, I do love learning new things)
- You are a good citizen and like to be involved in community groups. (Sleepy Eye ONLINE is my way of getting involved with our fine community)
- You have high moral standards and doing the right thing is important to you. (this one gets me in trouble emotionally way too often…I have this sense of fairness…and few things are fair in this world)
- You like to be accepted, appreciated and admired for the good you do in the community as well as in your family life. (When someone says “thanks” ….a really cool feeling)
- You are a loyal friend. (I consider most everyone a friend. However, I don’t brag a ton of close friends but those I have I cherish)
- You are strong-willed and do not like to be told what to do by others. You do like to win arguments and do not concede defeat easily. (Yeah, I gotta admit to this one…I can’t help it I’m always right)
- You are business orientated and love to work in your own business. Money is important to you but you are generous. (I have always been good with money, unfortunately I haven’t quite figured out the “rich” concept yet.
- You make an excellent counselor, psychologist, social worker as you are a good listener and can view others problems with empathy, clarity and a balanced analysis, seeing both sides while showing respect and caring. (Is that why my office is a revolving door…always someone bringing me a dilemma?)
- You process information quickly. (Trust me, if you had to raise five boys, you would understand this is a requirement for survival)
So…there you go…I could never be a PURPLE person…not anything like that Doreen…nope….she’s definitely a purple person…me, I’m GREEN through and through…just another reason there will always be “Game On” between the two of us.