Sleepy Eye ONLINE - One Stop Hometown information Center www.sleepyeyeonline.com
Sleepy Eye ISD #84
Board of Education
June 14, 2012 @ 7:30PM
Members in Attendance: Sheila Wurtzberger, Darla Remus, Lori Hirschboeck, Casey Coulson, Keith Lendt, Supt. John Cselovszki, Brian Pederson
Members Absent: Sheila Schmid, Ron Geiger
The meeting was called to order by Chairperson Remus at 7:30pm.
Good news items: 4 x 200 relay team placed 3rd in state, girl’s golf did well and FFA doing well.
Chair recognized visitors, including staff, students and press.
Motion by Casey Coulson, 2nd by Keith Lendt to approve Agenda with the removal of vocal music position, 3 act play director and the counselor at St. Mary’s School. M/C
Motion by Sheila Wurtzberger, 2nd by Lori Hirschboeck to approve minutes for the May 9, 2012 meeting. M/C
Motion by Casey Coulson, 2nd by Keith Lendt to approve June bills to be paid pending approval in the amount of $194,149.59, wire payments requesting approval in the amount of $156,957.79, bills paid requesting approval in the amount of $10,542.50, reimbursements paid requesting approval in the amount of $1,451.62, and cash transfer from MSDLAF+ to Americana in the amount of $652,000.00, as presented by Mr. Brian Pederson, finance director. M/C
Presentations by Aaron Nesvold regarding new math reverse classroom initiative, as well as presentation by Brian Pederson regarding 2012-13 budget presentation.
Committees – none
Principal – graduation went well, summer school starts on Monday 35 students expected
Superintendent – set up a hockey committee Casey, Darla and Lori and went through no child left behind.
Motion Casey Coulson 2nd Keith Lendt to approve the following action items;
- Health and Safety Budget approval for FY 12,13 and 14
- Approve Health and Safety policy as recommended by MSBA M/C
Motion Keith Lendt 2nd Sheila Wurtzberger to approve the following contracts and agreements:
- SE Bus Services for Summer school
- Approve Nursing Services agreement for 2012-13
- Approve resolution for 2012-13 membership to the Minnesota State High School League
- Approve Title III consortium with St. James for 2012-13
- Approve MREA membership for 2012-13 @$1635.00
- Approve contract with Eide Bailly for auditing services for 2011-12 school year. M/C
Motion Lori Hirschboeck 2ndKeith Lendt to approve the hire and resignations of the following:
- Accept resignation of Brynn Mathiowetz effective May 18, 2012
- Approve Leave request for Darcy McGee for up to three years starting with the 2012-13 school year as long as the district is able to find suitable replacement
- Approve resignation of Jake Langemo as HS social studies and JH basketball teacher
- Approve Family and Consumer Science teacher, .64 FTE contract Michelle Missling @ $20,280.
- Approve hire of Arica Otte, 1.0FTE HS English teacher contract @ $39,944
- Approve hire of Jeanine Backer, .83 FTE HS Math/intervention teacher contract @ $33,320
- Approve hire of Kendra Bordwell, 1.0 FTE 2nd grade teacher position @$31,688
- Approve hire of Mary VanRoekel, .73FTE Art teacher contract position @$29,305
- Approve hire of Ashley Janssen, .63 FTE business teacher contract position at for the 2012-13 school year @$19,963
- Approve hire of Sarah Dummer, 1 FTE School Counselor @$37,030 M/C
Motion by Casey Coulson 2nd by Sheila Wurtzberger Approve High School Principal contract as presented for the 2011-13 school year. M/C
Motion by Sheila Wurtzberger 2ndCasey Coulson Approve 2012-13 budget. M/C
Motion by Casey Coulson 2nd by Keith Lendt to:
- Approve Food Service contract with Taher Inc. for the 2012-13 school year upon successful review from MDE
- Approve the termination of all food service employees due to the district decision to contract out food services: Diane Hardin, MaryAnn Krebs, Lori Deibele, Maria Moreno, and Theresa Wilhelmi M/C
Motion by Sheila Wurtzberger 2nd Darla Remus to approve open enrollment one out and accept a donation of $1000 toward Elementary Media Center for books and other needed materials. M/C
Motion by Lori Hirschboeck 2nd Sheila Wurtzberger to approve CAT recommendation for English Language Arts and Art curriculum @ $60,000. M/C
Retreat set for July 10, 2012 4:00-7:00 p.m. at Keith Lendt’s farm .
Next regularly scheduled board meeting is Thursday, July 12, 2012 @7:30PM.
Motion by Casey Coulson, 2nd by Keith Lendt, to adjourn meeting at 8:40 PM. M/C
Sheila Wurtzberger, Acting ClerkTHIS POST COURTESY: Sleepy Eye Chamber of Commerce, Edward Jones, Stark Farmers Insurance, Dairy Queen, Borth Memorials, Spaeth Ford, Sleepy Eye Medical Center, Riverside Interiors, Sleepy Eye Curves, Randy’s Electric, First Security Agency, Seams to Fit & Tuxes 2, Sturm Funeral Home, Goettig and Ruddy Accounting, Miller Sellner, Cenex/River Region, Culligan, Arneson’s Distributing, Sleepy Eye Off-Sale, Sleepy Eye Chiropractic, Pisoma Kitchen, Southpoint Federal Credit Union, Lisa Ann’s Healing Hands, American Family Insurance, NAPA Auto Part, Sids Signs on Broadway - www.sleepyeyeonline.com