Sleepy Eye ONLINE - One Stop Hometown information Center www.sleepyeyeonline.com
Colonel Jeffrey S. Renner, son of Rhelda Renner Riley and the late Jerome Renner, retired May 20, after serving 26 years in the United States Air Force. Jeff is a 1981 graduate of Sleepy Eye High School.
A ceremony was held at the Pentagon in Washington DC on May 22. He currently resides in Fairfax, VA with his wife and son.
1985 Bachelor of science degree in business and administrative management, University of Minnesota,
1992 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Alabama.
1996 Master of arts degree in public administration, Bowie State University, Maryland.
1998 Air Command and Staff College, Seminar.
2000 Army Command and General Staff College, Ft. Leavenworth, Kansas
2004 Air War College, Correspondence
1. January 1986 – December 1986, student, Undergraduate Navigator Training, Mather Air Force Base, Calif.
2. April 1987 – October 1992, C-130 Instructor Navigator, Chief Aircrew Training Branch and Flight Examiner, 40th Tactical Airlift Squadron and 317 Airlift Group, Pope Air Base, N.C.
3. October 1992 – August 1994, C-130 Instructor Navigator, Flight Examiner, and Chief Squadron Standardization and Evaluation, 37th Airlift Squadron, Rhein-Main Air Base, Germany
4. August 1994 – August 1996, C-130 Flight Examiner, Standardization and Evaluation Division, Headquarters, 17th Air Force, Sembach Air Base, Germany
5. August 1996 – June 1999, C-130 Flight Examiner, Chief of Aircrew Inspections, Standardization and Evaluation Division, Headquarters, United States Air Forces in Europe, Ramstein Air Base, Germany
6. June 1999 – July 2000, student, Army Command and General Staff College, Fort Leavenworth, Kan.
7. July 2000 – April 2003, Staff Officer and Chief Special Plans and Programs CRAF, Civil Air Division, Headquarters, Air Mobility Command, Scott Air Force Base, Ill.
8. April 2003 – June 2005, Operations Officer, 615th Air Mobility Squadron, Travis Air Force Base, Calif.
9. June 2005 – June 2006, Commander, 86th Air Mobility Squadron, Ramstein Air Base, Germany.
10. June 2006 – July 2007, Deputy Commander, 86th Contingency Response Group, Ramstein Air Base, Germany.
11. July 2007 – September 2009, Chief of Staff, 3rd Air Force-United Kingdom, RAF Mildenhall, United Kingdom.
12. September 2009 – Commander, 422d Air Base Group, RAF Croughton, United Kingdom.
Rating: Master Navigator
Flight hours: More than 4,200
Aircraft flown: C-130E/H, KC-135, C-20, F-16 and F-15E
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with five oak leaf clusters
Air Medal with five oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant, Oct. 8, 1985
First Lieutenant , Oct. 8, 1987
Captain, Oct. 8, 1989
Major, Aug. 1, 1997
Lieutenant Colonel, Jan. 1, 2002
Colonel, 1 Jun 2007